Safeguarding Manager - Mrs Ashurst
The Safeguarding Manager works closely with families to help them give full support to their children’s education. At St Gabriel’s we develop good relationships with families in order to involve them in their children’s learning.
Our aim is to identify any concerns or issues at the earliest possible opportunity and remove any barriers to learning which may be preventing our pupils from reaching their potential. We respond as quickly as possible to any issues and ensure that difficulties are discussed and resolved in the best possible way. Practical assistance, such as helping families access support from external agencies also forms part of the pastoral work.
Mrs Ashurst commonly offers help and support in the following areas:-
- Child Protection – prevention, protection and support
- Attendance and punctuality issues
- Family support – this can be a vast range of issues and support
- Behaviour support/management
- Emotional help (including anger management and counselling)
- Links to specialist external agencies when needed
- A listening ear for children and their families
- Medical issues/ support
- Transition between Key Stages, especially into Primary and High School
- Bereavement or other loss
If you would like to discuss any concerns or issues please ring me on 01942 769712 or 673603.